Martin Luther King, Jr. National Day of Service
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?”
In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. National Day of Service we encourage everyone to reflect on the principles of equality and selflessness that Dr. King embodied. Dr. King believed in celebrating and promoting the worth of every person, great and small. He championed for diverse cultures to live and thrive together in a spirit of love, understanding, and service to one another.
Won’t you join Clear Path for Veterans New England as we follow Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s example and take action and lift up our neighbors and communities through volunteering. Every small act matters!
COVID Challenges have made hosting in person service events difficult. Here are some service projects that your family can do from home:
- Support your local Food banks and pantries. Food insecurity continues to grow putting individuals and families at risk for health problems. Food banks and pantries provide a great service to those in need and they can always use your help. We are happy to take food donations for Veterans in need – contact us for more information.
- Spread kindness. Help spread kindness – choose words of kindness and turn them into good intentions, use your artistic talents to write them down and share them with others. Perhaps paint a kindness rock and place it on our front steps and we will share with others.
- Make phone and zoom calls. Many people are feeling isolated and lonely. Make a point to reach out with kind thoughts and words of encouragement. We can help – we have fun zoom workshops that you can share with groups. Contact us for more information.
- Reduce Stress. Do some research and learn ways to reduce stress for yourself and others. Share your ideas!
- Send letters and care packages to Military and Veterans. Create a care package that lets our Service Men and Women and our Community Veterans know that we appreciate their service to our Country.
- Commit to Mentoring. Each one of us has a special gift to offer to others. We can serve others and share our gifts by teaching and guiding others.
Join our team of volunteers as we spread hope, peace, joy, and togetherness in 2021 Volunteer Application – Clear Path for Veterans New England (clearpathne.org)