Neuro Fit is a program designed to maximize brain health through brain exercise! Our brains can remodel and improve their function through a process called Neuroplasticity. If we want our brains to build better ways to do things, we only have to challenge them!
Why is brain health so important?
Because our brains are in charge of:
- Short and Long-Term Memory
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Attention and Concentration
- Communication with Others
- Stress Management and Emotional Control
- Physical Movement and Balance
- and almost every process in our bodies!
A brain that isn’t functioning as well as possible may have difficulty with any number of those processes. Neuro Fit may be a great option if any of this sounds familiar!
What do Neuro Fit brain exercises look like?
Neuro Fit brain exercises are designed to challenge our brains to become stronger, just like exercises at the gym. We incorporate computers and equipment that test brain timing, balance, physical movement, and much more, all designed to force our brains WANT to operate as quickly and smoothly as possible. Still, sometimes they need a push in the right direction, especially after injuries and stressful experiences.
Is Neuro Fit a Mental Health service?
No, one amazing part of improving brain function is that our brains now have more time to manage stress, regulate emotions, and improve essential functions like sleep. Neuro Fit is not meant to replace Mental Health services but can work hand-in-hand with them to
ensure your best possible brain function.
What does the program look like?
- Dr. Lars will sit down with you and chat about your brain-related concerns (memory, body movement, etc.)
- We will start with a 90-minute Baseline Assessment to know where to begin and measure all your improvement.
- Based on those findings, we will work together several days per week doing exercises to improvebrain function. They are fun and challenging, lasting between 30 and 60 minutes daily. You will get what you put in, but improvements are long-term, if not permanent..
- Every 10 exercise days, we will reassess, discuss your improvement, and determine the plan moving forward. The goal is to improve function, reduce negative symptoms, and work in conjunction with other Wellness programs at Clear Path, so you feel great while you enjoy our Veteran Community.
How do I get Started?
Let us know if you are interested! Just Inquire at the Front Desk, and they will set up a conversation with Dr. Lars to see what Neuro Fit might be able to help you with.
Clear Path for Veterans New England
84 Antietam St, PO Box 2073
Devens, MA 01434
Hours: 9a–4:30p M-F, 10a–2p Saturday